Greenknowe Tower

Greenknowe Tower was built in 1581 to the west of the village of Gordon (probably derived from the Gaelic for 'Gor Dun' meaning great fort). The walls of the four story tower house remain sturdy but the roof is now missing. The site is managed by Historic Scotland.

Getting there

It is located to the west of Gordon on the A6105 southwest from Duns.

Celtic nation:

Itinerary:

Place type: